Motorcycle Repair/2000 xr200

Question
I've recently been riding and one day I was riding and my bike just stopped revving up, then I realized the needle in the throttle cable had fallen out, so I clipped it back in place and started it but the needle falls out, I don't know where to go from here?

Answer
Logan, I am a little hazy on your description of "needle in the throttle cable", so I hope you mean the carburetor slide needle.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2000-honda-xr200r/o/m3047#sch96845

#3 has needle, needle clip and needle retainer spring shown.

The rest of the throttle parts are shown here...

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2000-honda-xr200r/o/m3047#sch94043  cable and carb top, plus throttle drum/housing.

The needle clip should connect to the needle firmly. If it is jumping off easily, then either the clip is damaged or is the wrong one. You must have the little U shaped retainer spring in place, so the return spring can press down upon the spring and that keeps the needle in place.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver