Motorcycle Repair/2000 xr200

I've recently been riding and one day I was riding and my bike just stopped revving up, then I realized the needle in the throttle cable had fallen out, so I clipped it back in place and started it but the needle falls out, I don't know where to go from here?

Logan, I am a little hazy on your description of "needle in the throttle cable", so I hope you mean the carburetor slide needle.

#3 has needle, needle clip and needle retainer spring shown.

The rest of the throttle parts are shown here...  cable and carb top, plus throttle drum/housing.

The needle clip should connect to the needle firmly. If it is jumping off easily, then either the clip is damaged or is the wrong one. You must have the little U shaped retainer spring in place, so the return spring can press down upon the spring and that keeps the needle in place.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.