Motorcycle Repair/2003 kawasaki klx 125 L idling problem

I have a 2003 Kawasaki Klx 125L that will only idle when the choke is pushed all the way down. as soon as i take it off if dies unless you are reving the engine I have cleaned and rebuilt the carb but that didn't really help. What else should i try ??

Sam, The carb may be clean but it sounds like the slow jet is still plugged or restricted. Pull the carb and remove the slow jet,you should be able to see through it. Use a torch tip cleaner or spray carb cleaner and blow through it then try it again.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s