Motorcycle Repair/transmissoin repair

1983 venture has no second gear,the rest works good.Possibly need fork and gear,are parts readily available.

EJ, Just to touch base with you. Ive had to repair a lot of transmissions over the years and its not as simple as just replacing a fork of gear. One gear part# 26H-17121-00-00 is about $175.00 the other is part# 1FK-17221-01-00 about $100.00. The shift fork is about $35.00. But if any teeth are chipped on any of the others they have to be replaced. As the shafts and gears get stressed if any of the teeth or pieces get between them while running. Sometimes if you only replace 1 or 2 parts then its breakes again on you after the twork was done and you are doing this again. The parts may be cheap but unless your pretty savvy with this kind of work it could end up costing you over a $1000.00 to fix it right with the labor. Make sure you can justify the expense on this as I have one in the shop right now with a starter out and its $500.00 from Japan. I would get an estimate from a local shop the includes oil and gaskets and any coolant and so forth before makeing the final descision.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s