Motorcycle Repair/04 gsxr 1000

Question
Hey man my fuel pump runs constantly on start up.. Relays are good, wirings food.. I'm clueless any help?? Thanks!

Answer
Kyle, It still sounds like the relay is sticking. It should power up for a few seconds pressurizing the fuel then shut off. After the bike starts and oil pressure is achieved it triggers the relay to turn back on. There may be a timer internally that stuck. If the bike is in an accident and the engine shuts down the pump is supposed to go off so it wont keep fuel pressure making a fire bomb so to speak. See if you can locate another bike like yours and put on their elay and see if it works. If so then purchase an new one. Dont buy one firsat as most electrical components cannot be returned once you used it.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake