Motorcycle Repair/86 honda shadow 1100

QUESTION: Hi I have 86 honda shadow 1100 .every time i start the bike up no problem .when it's get hot it's shut off. check spark no spark T.d.I box 1?. replace use coil ,c.d.i. box 2 no change  thank

ANSWER: Try running some(SEAFOAM) in the fuel tank.
It sounds like the Carbs are Gunked up.
If the issue persist. Contact me at my website. I Rebuild Carburetors.

QUESTION: i don't have gas problem I don't have spark the bike run but when it get hot can smell gas but no spark all 4 plugs.

It sounds like a short in a wire going to the stator.
CDI box maybe but I think if it was bad it wouldnt run at all.
Ignition switch, I would check next. When it wont run test for power back to where
you loosing it. It could be a few different things causing your issue.
I would hate to say any one thing as it could turn into a case of throwing parts
at it just to rule things out. Electrical issues need testing and searching for the short.  

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack

I specialize in Virago carburetors. Internal parts sizes, Needle and jet sizes for each and every year and model. Hitachi and Mikuni. I also can give tech support and Tech Support for carburetor problems and issues. Carburetor tuning and syncronization. Carbburetor rejetting and dynojet installations for engine modifications. I know every needle and jet size for every Virago made. I have done over50 Virago carb Salesand Rebuilds in 2012. I have over 50 sets ofVirago carbs in stockright now. I Build, Ride and Breath Virago. I have both the 1983 Midnight Virago's. The XV750MK and the XV920MK. 1 of my 1981 XV750H is is Premier Cycles, Billy Joel's Bike Museum.... I am an Honest and Fair man. I am also a Finicky Perfectionist withmy carb work. Ihave all the obsolete hardto find carb parts. I have new diaphragms, new floats, I have the float level setting down to an art. I have fabricated transparent bowls for both version 1 and version 2 carburetors.

9 years on Ebay with 100% feedback. My own website: that has some awesome testimonials ans feedbacks...

Organizations Forum

Ebay., Feedbacks from satisfied customers.

Over30 years expierence in Carburetor rebuilding and motorcycle and car repair andmechanics. I have certifications in HVAC, Welding. I have over 20 years in Building maintenance and repairs. Over 20 years in aSuperior position. I am a Licensed California general B Contractor. But I have settled on my Virago Carb Business...

Clients and customers found in my Ebay Store History. DRVIRAGO777 VIRAGO CARBURETORS.