Motorcycle Repair/86 honda shadow 1100

Question
QUESTION: Hi I have 86 honda shadow 1100 .every time i start the bike up no problem .when it's get hot it's shut off. check spark no spark T.d.I box 1?. replace use coil ,c.d.i. box 2 no change  thank

ANSWER: Try running some(SEAFOAM) in the fuel tank.
It sounds like the Carbs are Gunked up.
If the issue persist. Contact me at my website. I Rebuild Carburetors.
www.viragocarb.com

QUESTION: i don't have gas problem I don't have spark the bike run but when it get hot can smell gas but no spark all 4 plugs.

Answer
It sounds like a short in a wire going to the stator.
CDI box maybe but I think if it was bad it wouldnt run at all.
Ignition switch, I would check next. When it wont run test for power back to where
you loosing it. It could be a few different things causing your issue.
I would hate to say any one thing as it could turn into a case of throwing parts
at it just to rule things out. Electrical issues need testing and searching for the short.  

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack