Motorcycle Repair/!982 honda cb 900custom charging problem

I just replaced the rotor on my 900, and it still doesn't charge the battery. the rotor was brand new and had the resistance of 5, whats the resistance of the regulator supposed to be? What else could it be? the connections on the stator were clean and all read the same.  help?

Thanks, David

David, often times when the rotor goes south, it takes out the reg/rectifier in the process. Did you check Electrosport site for troubleshooting charts?

Testing the reg/rectifier without factory shop tools is probably not going to be productive.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.