Motorcycle Repair/exhaust

i have a 1970 sportster with drag pipes. it seems to lag on take deceleration and pop on deceleration. i was wondering what difference if any are there between torque cones and power cones? and will they help?

The one thing you have to remember about drag pipes. They work really well at high RPMs and they hurt horse power at low end and mid range. If you were to install a set of tuned exhaust it would really help. It might help by installing torque cones. That would give you some back pressure. Or you could install some baffles which would help as well
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!