Motorcycle Repair/Fuel

Question
QUESTION: I have a 1986 883/1250 conversion that has been bored & stroked to 80in w/roller rockers & lifters. I was told to always run non-methanol fuel in it. Not all stations have non-methanol and on long rides I can't always find it. What is the benefit of running non-methanol and would methanol gas not be good for my engine since it is a hi-performance engine? Would I need to use fuel additives with methanol gas? Thank you for your time.

ANSWER: Are you talking about straight methanol or a blend at a filling station?
Mike

QUESTION: Most stations here on the west coast run a methanol blend, I was told it wasn't good for my engine.

Answer
Ok. Didn't know that. Methanol will not hurt your engine. Blending it makes gasoline a little cheaper. It is actually used by race car drivers in the pure form, since it produces more horsepower. Its suppose the lower carbon emmisions from your motor.
Good luck and happy riding
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells