Motorcycle Repair/Fuel

QUESTION: I have a 1986 883/1250 conversion that has been bored & stroked to 80in w/roller rockers & lifters. I was told to always run non-methanol fuel in it. Not all stations have non-methanol and on long rides I can't always find it. What is the benefit of running non-methanol and would methanol gas not be good for my engine since it is a hi-performance engine? Would I need to use fuel additives with methanol gas? Thank you for your time.

ANSWER: Are you talking about straight methanol or a blend at a filling station?

QUESTION: Most stations here on the west coast run a methanol blend, I was told it wasn't good for my engine.

Ok. Didn't know that. Methanol will not hurt your engine. Blending it makes gasoline a little cheaper. It is actually used by race car drivers in the pure form, since it produces more horsepower. Its suppose the lower carbon emmisions from your motor.
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!