Motorcycle Repair/Headlight.

Question
Hi Joseph,I hope you can help me, i have a 1983 VIrago 750 [U.S import], my problem is the headlight, when you turn the ignition on the head light comes on as normal no dullness, when you start the bike the head light goes off, [back lights stay on] if you rev the engine still no light, some times the head light comes on very dim and flickering but not the stop and tail lights they stay the same brightness.
Thanks John.

Answer
Check your wiring inside the headlight case. Put some dialectic grease on the connector on the head light bulb. Other than that you may have to disassemble the dimmer swithch ,clean and lubricate it.
The only other thing would be a short in the ignition switch. when the light is doing this it would be wise to check the light connector for the 12 volts to see if its there or it flickering to. That would rule out a faulty bulb. Also I think under the seat there is a headlight relay. Check the relays, clean the post and connectors and also apply some dialectic grease. I think its a dirty or bad connection or the bulb wouldnt work at all...Good Luck..

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack