Motorcycle Repair/popping fuse- front stop switch CL175 K6- 72'

Question
Bill,
I finally isolated my electrical issue. Just don't know how to go about testing/ repairing. When I apply the front brake, the fuse pops instantly. What are my next steps to figuring out what parts to replace? When replacing the stop switch, does the bottom half of the throttle housing- and cable run to the headlight bucket- need to be replaced, or do these parts seperate?

1972 CL175 K6
Thanks,
=JB in OH=

Answer
James, You just need a new switch I think, unless the connector inside the headlight shell is grounding out.

http://www.cmsnl.com/products/honda-cl175-scrambler-175_35340344830/

You have to remove the brake lever, disconnect the switch wiring and feed it back through the bracket for removal. Reverse for installation.

Be sure that just the front brake switch is the culprit. If the rear brake light switch blows the fuse, too, then there may be an issue in the wiring to the light assembly or within the light bulb socket. Check the socket ground wire, too.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver