Motorcycle Repair/starting problem

Question
I have a Yamaha Warrior 350. It was working fine, got out on a trail and it stalled so I pressed the start button and can hear the starter turn but wont catch to turn the engine over. It has a strong battery. Any ideas?

Answer
Brandon,The starter clutch is slipping. It has a one way clutch that the starter turns on the back of the crank flywheel. It engages when starting the lets go and freewheels after the engine starts. The roller cogs wear then start slipping. The one way clutch will need to be replaced. If you tear the gasket pulling the side cover you will need to get one also.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake