You are here:

Motorcycle Repair/1966 honda c100


how do i remove the rotor so i can replace the points and condenser?


you really need a flywheel puller that screws into the center of the flywheel.
They prevent any damage to the flywheel as they are
very tight sometimes.

There are many places that sell them for various prices.
Your local Honda dealer could pull it off for you if
you can't find one quickly.

It should be M27 x 1 which is 27 mm diameter.

You might be able to find a cheaper one online somewhere.

Measure the threads inside your flywheel to see if it is 27 mm

The tool is left hand thread and screws into the flywheel.
The center screw in turned in tight and then usually
a rap with a hammer will jar the flywheel loose.
The flywheel is on a key so don't lose that.

Any other method or puller will usually damage the lighting
and ignition coils inside the flywheel area and ruin them.
Be careful!

Good luck,

Motorcycle Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Wayne S.


Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic, Knowledge of motorcycles from 1960 up, Japanese, British and most other brand motorcycle repairs.


Worked for Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki British: Triumph, Norton, BSA Other: Most Scooters and Mo-Peds

Canadian Motorcycling magazine article

Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]