Motorcycle Repair/'99 Fatboy Ignition Module

'99 Harley Fatboy FLSTF
How do you check to see if the Ignition Module is bad?
My bike won't start. It will turn over fine but I have no spark at my plugs. I thought my coil was bad so I replaced it. That did not fix it. I still have no spark.
Wires on my coil have power when the ignition is on, but nothing comes out of the other side. Does the ignition module control the discharge of the current? Am I looking in the right area?

Here is the problem you are going to run into. You have several sensors on your bike that can cause the problem you are referring to. You will need the equipment to run a diagnostic on the bike so you know what sensor is bad. Its all based on voltage. Your bike is like a newer car, you have to have a diagnostic run on it so you know what the problem is. The only way you would be able to do it would be start replacing sensors until you hit the one that is bad

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!