Motorcycle Repair/Honda CL 77 Scrambler

Yesterday i bought a CL77,my Question is which red color matches the best with the original framecolor ?

regards Achim

Achim,  Congratulations on your CL77 purchase!

the original red color was called Scarlet Red. Similar colors are:

Codes are for
PPG: Nisssan Red:4549
PPG: Ford's Sunrise Red 72266
Duplicolor: Sunrise Red, Import Car

I offer restoration guide CDs for 250-305 Scramblers through my website:

The "problem" with the original Scarlet Red paints is that they were a lacquer painted directly upon bare metal. The paint will fade when left in the sun, so using "touch up" paint on a red chassis may not be a perfect match now.

Good luck with the bike.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.