Motorcycle Repair/ignition switch wiring diagram

Bill, I needed to replace my key for a 1968 CL77 and the locksmith said that I needed to bring the ignition switch in along with my "mangled" key so he could make a duplicate.  I thought I labeled and wired together the wires that went together, but somehow I messed up.  Can you show me the wiring diagram for the ignition switch please so I can ride my bike again?
Thank you,

Dave, you can use the CL72 diagram on this site for wiring diagram references...  The wires and switch terminals are color coded. Just match the wire colors to the terminal colors and you should be good unless someone has "rewired" the bike for you in the past.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.