Motorcycle Repair/KTM LC4 Valve Problems !

Question
During a long journey, the ball bearing of the intake rocker arm gradually broke apart and the intake camshaft lobe ended up worn by the rocker arm. This process took about 1200 Kilometers ! I replaced the intake rocker arm and the camshaft, but i get the same metal noise. Is it possible that the camshaft-affected valve-timing has caused worn intake valves ??? Do you think i should dismount the cylinder head to check valves for visible wear ???

Answer
Is the camshaft chain driven?
I have seen these being chain driven and they have a chain tenioner
that has a plastic wear pad that gets completely worn out and the tenioner can
be adjusted to its tightest tenion and it still makes noise.
you may try tightening the chain tenioner first.
You may have to go internal and spin it over a few times to locate the noise.
But if you tear it down, visibly seeing the defect may be very hard.
I would try to locate the noise while its still in tact.

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack