Motorcycle Repair/KTM LC4 Valve Problems !

During a long journey, the ball bearing of the intake rocker arm gradually broke apart and the intake camshaft lobe ended up worn by the rocker arm. This process took about 1200 Kilometers ! I replaced the intake rocker arm and the camshaft, but i get the same metal noise. Is it possible that the camshaft-affected valve-timing has caused worn intake valves ??? Do you think i should dismount the cylinder head to check valves for visible wear ???

Is the camshaft chain driven?
I have seen these being chain driven and they have a chain tenioner
that has a plastic wear pad that gets completely worn out and the tenioner can
be adjusted to its tightest tenion and it still makes noise.
you may try tightening the chain tenioner first.
You may have to go internal and spin it over a few times to locate the noise.
But if you tear it down, visibly seeing the defect may be very hard.
I would try to locate the noise while its still in tact.

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack

I specialize in Virago carburetors. Internal parts sizes, Needle and jet sizes for each and every year and model. Hitachi and Mikuni. I also can give tech support and Tech Support for carburetor problems and issues. Carburetor tuning and syncronization. Carbburetor rejetting and dynojet installations for engine modifications. I know every needle and jet size for every Virago made. I have done over50 Virago carb Salesand Rebuilds in 2012. I have over 50 sets ofVirago carbs in stockright now. I Build, Ride and Breath Virago. I have both the 1983 Midnight Virago's. The XV750MK and the XV920MK. 1 of my 1981 XV750H is is Premier Cycles, Billy Joel's Bike Museum.... I am an Honest and Fair man. I am also a Finicky Perfectionist withmy carb work. Ihave all the obsolete hardto find carb parts. I have new diaphragms, new floats, I have the float level setting down to an art. I have fabricated transparent bowls for both version 1 and version 2 carburetors.

9 years on Ebay with 100% feedback. My own website: that has some awesome testimonials ans feedbacks...

Organizations Forum

Ebay., Feedbacks from satisfied customers.

Over30 years expierence in Carburetor rebuilding and motorcycle and car repair andmechanics. I have certifications in HVAC, Welding. I have over 20 years in Building maintenance and repairs. Over 20 years in aSuperior position. I am a Licensed California general B Contractor. But I have settled on my Virago Carb Business...

Clients and customers found in my Ebay Store History. DRVIRAGO777 VIRAGO CARBURETORS.