Motorcycle Repair/Panhead distributor

Hi Mike,

I have been building a 48 panhead for a year now, I'm 99% done, (I've owned mostly EVOs and never did a complete build). I'm building it as a bobber with a 57 straight leg frame. Anyway, I'm having a really hard time with getting the right setup for distributorwirescoilsplugs. I know it is extremely important to make sure they all are compatible.

I bought a motor mount that has two single coil mounts, unfortunately I also bought an eBeyond 2000 electronic ignition that requires between 2.7 and 4.7 ohms. I have two 5 ohm Dyna single coils. I noticed there are 3 ohm versions which I can buy. but the ignition only has two wires so I'd have to jump them, this would cause the ohms to double?

So I looked into an accelMallory distributorelectronic ignition, I called accel and they told me to buy the A557 and I could run the two 3 ohm coils.

My question is I don't know if I am going overboard because the motor is basically stock, it's the smaller Panhead "F" model. I do have a S&S super B.

Do you have any recommendations?

If it were me, since you have a stock motor, I would go with a single coil with a points distributer. That setup would be less money and will work great with your bike.
One thing I would change is if you are planning on using a S&S carb, I would go with a super E. Has a pumper and will make the bike run better and easier starting
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!