Motorcycle Repair/Starting my bike

Question
QUESTION: I have a 1991 Fatboy and just this morning I went to start it up and I had to push the start switch four or five times before it would star, It doesn't even engage the starter.I don't want it to leave me stuck somewhere so I need to find out what is going on  What do you think.

ANSWER: When you press the starter button do you hear a clicking sound or do the lights dim?
Mike

QUESTION: No there is nothing, Acts like the switch isn't getting any conection at all.

Answer
First, with a test light I would see if you have power going to the starter button. If you have power then check the small wire going to the starter solenoid. When you press the starter button you should have power there. If you don't then you need to check to see if you have power at the starter relay. The relay sends power to the starter solenoid, so check it with the starter button pressed. If you have power top the relay, but not to the starter then the relay is bad. If you don't have power anywhere then you have a short and would need to trace the wires
Good luck and happy riding
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells