You are here:

Motorcycle Repair/year of front end


Purchased a vw trike with sportster front end. How can I tell what year it is? Previous owner doesnt know, title says 2004 custom.

that's going to be a little tough since Harley used the same front end for several years before changing. I think on the inside of the forks, where the fender attaches, there is a part number and that number would get you close
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mike Wells


PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!


If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!

©2017 All rights reserved.