Motorcycle Repair/cooling fan

Question
hello. thanks for help previous. 1986 1100 shadow, I asked earlier about wiring  a switch to operate cooling fan  manually
I am assuming that I switch  from ground  to switch in radiator, in the same manner  that I tested  that it worked. It wont be getting full battery voltage?
Thanks, Frank

Answer
Frank, either the fan switch grounds the fan circuit or the toggle switch does it in a parallel circuit.

Power goes through the fan motor and is looking for a ground to complete the circuit. You may see a voltage drop at the connection.

Bill  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver