Motorcycle Repair/cooling fan

hello. thanks for help previous. 1986 1100 shadow, I asked earlier about wiring  a switch to operate cooling fan  manually
I am assuming that I switch  from ground  to switch in radiator, in the same manner  that I tested  that it worked. It wont be getting full battery voltage?
Thanks, Frank

Frank, either the fan switch grounds the fan circuit or the toggle switch does it in a parallel circuit.

Power goes through the fan motor and is looking for a ground to complete the circuit. You may see a voltage drop at the connection.

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.