Motorcycle Repair/Left cylinder - no spark

Question
Hello Bill. I have a 1967 305 CL77.  I have an electronic ignition system installed and so far it has worked great.  I was riding my bike and the left cylinder died.  No spark!  I checked the connections and all seem tight.  I checked the lead from the switch to the coil and I got juice.  I took the coil to a motorcycle salvage yard and they said it was good, but I still can't get a spark.  Your thought?
Thank you,
Dave

Answer
Dave, there are several electronic ignition systems out for the 250-305s.

Which one do you have?  There is one from Probe Engineering, Charlie's Place and I have noticed a new one from Germany, which is crankshaft mounted.

If you have a Probe system, There are small color coded wires going to each coil. Make sure that they are still tightly connected.

The coils get primary power from the wiring harness when the key is ON. The coils are triggered by the ignition system, which switches the current path on and off, timed from the magnets in the little "hat" that is clamped to the points cam. Check all the wiring connectors and the module ground to the battery, as well.

Probe was offering a 1 year warranty on their products. Not sure what Charlie's Place is offering. Contact me through my website: www.vintagehonda.com for any assistance with Probe Products.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver