Motorcycle Repair/engine coughts

Question
Say I was woundering what would cause my carburated 80 cubic inch engine on my 1998 dyna wideglide to cough when clutch is pulled in coming up to stop light and I just give the throttle a quick little rev like mostly all harley riders do? It still has factory carb, air cleaner and after market screaming eagle pipes ..  what is the problem..

Answer
you should check for a intake mainafold leek. Spray some break cleaner through a straw that comes with the can of brake cleaner. start the bike and then spray by the intake manifold by the head where the manifold meets the head. do the front and then the rear. if the idle changes or the bike dies out you MUST first fix this. If no change at all of the Idle. you will need to remove the low speed jet and blow it out with air. Then reinstall the jet. Start the bike and adjust the air/fuel mixture screw. screw it in until it slightly bottoms then back it out 1.1/2 turns out. start there. Start the bike and warm it up. now screw the screw in untill the idle starts to lower. Then back it out until it starts to lower the idle there. Now go in between the two settings.  

Motorcycle Repair

southeast johnny