Motorcycle Repair/gas in oil bag

My husband has a 1988 883 sporster and it continues to get gas in the oil bag.  The only thing we haven't done is adjust the idle screw.  He noticed this year that he has to have the choke on when stopped.  Will this cause the gas to go into the oil bag?

Your carb is leaking through and running gas into the intake. Then the oil get into the heads and gets into the oil. If you have to have the choke on when running then the jets are plugged. Its time to remove the carb, soak it and rebuild it
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!