Motorcycle Repair/loud lifter chatter

hey there,was wondering how to check if my oil pump is working on my 1994 883 sportster?i bought it and it has no gauges or warning starts right up doesn't smoke,but the lifters are making ALOT of chatter.i looked in the oil bag for a short moment to see if I could see return movement,but didn't c any.dont want to keep starting it,dont wanna hurt it anymore than it mite b already.HELP!and thanks!

there should be a oil sending unit at the front of the motor. Right side..remove the wire and switch. Then install a oil pressure gage. start the bike. if you have oil pressure great... if not shut the bike off. then you will have to pull the oil pump. good luck and god bless..Johnny..  

Motorcycle Repair

southeast johnny

All Harley Davison bikes 1984 till 2013

44 years qith Harley davidson

Chicago Southside johnnys Hi performance Dyno tuning and custom maping 114 N Pacific ave San Pedro Ca. 90731 562_666_6062

Harley womwns magazine. Hot Bike mag, out law biker mag, supercycle mag, Too meny to list

Macter PhD technition, Dynojet owner and trained technition