Motorcycle Repair/L84' sportster xlx 1000

i put it in gear but it doesnt go, whats wrong?

right now it could be the clutch is not disengaging, bent shifter fork, broken mainshaft, drive gear on the sprocket stripped ECT. What you have to do is remove the primary cover and do an inspection on the clutch. If its all ok then you are going to have to remove the transmission and start checking it for damage.
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!