Motorcycle Repair/Vespa 250

Question
I have a Vespa GTS 250, battery is just over 1year old, replaced spark plug, changed oil, cleaned air filter, cleaned poles on battery. Question- Battery won't maintain charge, could it be the generator?

Answer
First check the voltage on the 2 battery post when the engine is running. It should be 13 to 14volts to keep a 12 volt battery charged up.
Then a simple battery load test at most any auto parts store will tell you if the battery is good or not. Clean the post very well. If the voltage at the post while running is lower than 13 or 14 the generator could be bad. Some auto parts stores can test your generator also.
But these tests you can do yourself.
If the voltage regulator is bad it will also drain your battery....  

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack