Motorcycle Repair/Yamaha r6 stator

Question
Hello I have a 2000 yzf r6 and I think my stator when back so I changed it and put in 3 quarts of new engine oil but the bike seems to still be tuning on battery only because when I jump start it, it takes about a minute or two for the headlights to start dining and the bike gags and turns off!!! And it's also saying I'm low on oil. Could it be the oil that's low or could it be the regulator rectifier that's bad? I just don't want to keep buying engine oil and that not be the problem.

Answer
Ygor... I don't know how much oil a Yamaha 600 holds, but it is probably more than 3 qts. The bike may have a safety system that prevents it from running when the oil level or pressure is low. A quick check online says the engine holds 3.7qts.

If the lights are going dim in a few minutes, then the battery is low charged, defective or isn't getting charged up. You need a voltmeter to see what is going on there.

Go to the www.electrosport.com site and check the known issues and the troubleshooting charts available for downloading in regards to your charging system.

Sounds like the reg/rectifier has died. Sometimes bad stators will take down the reg/rect too.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver