Motorcycle Repair/honda 305 tires

Question
I am restoring a 1967 Honda dream 305. Its time to buy tires.
How can I know if the bike came with white walls or black?
I have seen pics both ways. Is it just preference. Does touring make a difference?
I can't find white walls and I don't want to use those fake
add-ons so I may be stuck with black.
Hope you have an answer.
Thank you for your time and knowledge.

Answer
Jerry, Early Dreams had wide whitewalls, which were replaced with the narrow ones, along about 1966 or so, eventually discontinuing them and offering blackwalls only.. No one makes narrow WW tires, just the copies of the Japanese Goodyear or Firestone wide whites at about $150 a piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Dream-325-16-Firestone-1-1-2-White-Wall-Motorcycle

Search HONDA 305 DREAM TIRE PHOTO to pull up a LOT of images.  If you really want to ride your bike for long distances, I would use a more modern BW tire, myself.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver