Motorcycle Repair/honda 305 tires

I am restoring a 1967 Honda dream 305. Its time to buy tires.
How can I know if the bike came with white walls or black?
I have seen pics both ways. Is it just preference. Does touring make a difference?
I can't find white walls and I don't want to use those fake
add-ons so I may be stuck with black.
Hope you have an answer.
Thank you for your time and knowledge.

Jerry, Early Dreams had wide whitewalls, which were replaced with the narrow ones, along about 1966 or so, eventually discontinuing them and offering blackwalls only.. No one makes narrow WW tires, just the copies of the Japanese Goodyear or Firestone wide whites at about $150 a piece.

Search HONDA 305 DREAM TIRE PHOTO to pull up a LOT of images.  If you really want to ride your bike for long distances, I would use a more modern BW tire, myself.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.