Motorcycle Repair/neutral safety switch

Question
would like to know procedure for replacing neutral safety switch , thank you

Answer
It depends on the make and model of the bike.
But I will try to help.
Right next to the shifter arm is a sensor that it screwed into the engine casing.
It can be removed with a socket or wrench. As I remember it has a wire going to it.
It often gets oily and just cleaning it and making sure it has a tight connection can resolve any issues. The wire can be traced to some connections under the seat. I have located the connection before and it was 1 wire plugged into 2 wire plastic connector. I put in place a jumper wire to make sure the neutral safety switch was for sure the issue.
You can maybe find someone repairing this Switch on www.youtube.com.

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack