Motorcycle Repair/parts availability

Question
I would like to restore a 1965 Honda Dream 150cc (C95)but I don't see this model listed very much in any of my research. Is this a model that not very many were made and if so how hard will it be to find parts to restore?

Answer
Hal, the C95 is the non-US spec version of our CA95 Benly 150 Touring sold from 1960-65. The A in CA95 denotes it as an American model The US bikes had tubular handlebars, dual seats, return shift gearboxes and had NO turnsignals. US bikes had high beam indicators in the mph speedometers from about 1964-onwards, but they were never a requirement for domestic or Euro versions.
Mechanically, the bikes are all the same by 1965, however sourcing the "winker" parts and the Euro wiring harness might be harder to find than normal.
Cosmetically, the bodywork and mufflers are all the same, as far as I know.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-c95-benly-touring-general-export_model15749/partslist

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-ca95-benly-touring-150-usa_model993/partslist/?model_

Looks like they had rotary gearboxes in 1962-63. Some versions had no center main bearing in the low horsepower versions, so you have to be certain that the bike you have is as close to US specs as possible, for ease of restoration. There probably is a very limited market for a C95 over here, once restored. Even the CA95s are not particularly sought-after, but they are fun small-bore machines for running around town and showing off to your motorcycle friends. There are probably very few C95s in the US.

The 125 versions were more popular in Asian countries and in Japan due to licensing and taxation issues. The C92 was the basis for the big bore C95s, so many parts interchange.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver