Motorcycle Repair/No spark 2003 ktm 125 sx

Hi. My son recently came off his ktm 125 and managed somehow to hole the fuel tank where it wraps round the frame. Fuel got all over the wiring connectors. The bike now has no spark. I have changed the coil/ ht lead and the plug. Checked all connections but no joy.I also tried disconnecting the kill switch. This only leaves the cdu unit and the stator. I want to avoid buying both and wondered how I can where the problem lies. Would the cdu short out if fuel got into the wiring? I really would appreciate some advice.Thanks, Adam.

Adam,it should,nt affect any of it. Even water with mess up the connections untill it dries up. Gas however should evaporate quicker but if there was an oil mixed in it thats another problem in itself. Have checked all the connections as it sounds like a broken wire or bad connection. Go so far as even putting in a new spark plug.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s