Motorcycle Repair/Yamaha blaster 200

Question
Ok I have the parts to rebuild the top end on my 2000 yamaha 200 blaster 2
Stroke. How long will it take to fully break the new parts in so I can ride? Also could u make a list of the steps included in breaking in the new topend?

Answer
Brian, Since there is probably still an oil injection pump involved here goes. Put in a fresh spark plug to start with. Get some pre mix oil and mix it into the gas in the tank, mix it about 100 to l ratio. This just in case the oiling system burps through some air at leat the piston wont starve on lubrication. Run about a 1/2 tank of this through,then fill the tank with good gas without the extra oil and put in a new spark plug and you should be ready to go. The motor will feel a little sluggish with the extra oil in the fuel but it beats frying the top end if anything is too tight.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake