Motorcycle Repair/1981 CBX rear suspension

Jan--feels like I am riding a "hardtail".Ride has become very harsh and feels like the bike is bottoming out.Handles, steers straight & true at all speeds.  Could it be bad prolink bushings? Thanks

Has the red warning light come on when going along, indicating the air pressure is too low?  These pro-link shocks are now getting pretty old and most are developing problems; typically leaking oil indicating a worn seal.  There are few people that can rebuild them, most people opt for the worx type replacement shock.  First things first, though, check that all the pivots are free and that there is no excessive play in any of the linkages.  Does the bike look like it sits lower, does it seem more difficult to get on the main stand?  Let me know,

Motorcycle Repair

Jan Ringnalda

PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE READ THIS!!! I can help with questions ONLY on any Honda CBX-1000 motorcycle, only 1978 to 1982. OR 1981 to 1983 Honda CB1100R models ONLY Honda CBX/CB1100R motorcycles, Please NO other makes, no other models. IF YOUR QUESTION IS FOR ANY OTHER BIKE Your question MAY BE FORWARDED TO THE QUESTION POOL WHERE IT MAY NEVER BE ANSWERED. IF I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, and you feel the need to give me marks lower than 10, first post a follow up question. If you mark me lower, I will respond and you run the risk I will never, ever, answer one of your questions again. I'm doing this free of charge, as a service to fellow motorcyclists. If you do not value my time, I do...

Have owned over 50 of these fine classic Honda motorcycles

International CBX Owners Association, SAE, Materials Research Society

CBXPress, VLMC magazine, Used Bike Guide

PhD in Materials Science, Post-Doc in prototyping automotive components