Motorcycle Repair/1981 CBX rear suspension

Question
Jan--feels like I am riding a "hardtail".Ride has become very harsh and feels like the bike is bottoming out.Handles, steers straight & true at all speeds.  Could it be bad prolink bushings? Thanks

Answer
Has the red warning light come on when going along, indicating the air pressure is too low?  These pro-link shocks are now getting pretty old and most are developing problems; typically leaking oil indicating a worn seal.  There are few people that can rebuild them, most people opt for the worx type replacement shock.  First things first, though, check that all the pivots are free and that there is no excessive play in any of the linkages.  Does the bike look like it sits lower, does it seem more difficult to get on the main stand?  Let me know,

Jan

Motorcycle Repair

Jan Ringnalda