You are here:

Motorcycle Repair/Bleed and replace clutch fluid


How do I locate the clutch bleeder valve on a 1985 Honda 500cc Magna motorcycle? There are a couple of tubes extending 2" underneath the engine. Brake and clutch?

Hi Thomas,

If you have a VF500 the bleed screw should be on the slave cylinder
right in the open on the left side of the engine.

Not the best picture but you can enlarge it a bit to see where the
bleeder screw is hopefully.

Let me know if this looks like your engine or you need more info.

Wayne S

Motorcycle Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Wayne S.


Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic, Knowledge of motorcycles from 1960 up, Japanese, British and most other brand motorcycle repairs.


Worked for Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki British: Triumph, Norton, BSA Other: Most Scooters and Mo-Peds

Canadian Motorcycling magazine article

Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic

©2017 All rights reserved.