Motorcycle Repair/Honda qa 50

Question
Hello bill,I have a Honda qa 50 with a rebuilt engine,it has good compression,starts 1st kick,idles great,drives well but I have this ticking noise coming from the either the top or left side of the engine? Not sure if it's coming from the head ? I,ve included a video and you can clearly hear the ticking,I was wondering if you might be able to identify this noise? Also the ticking seems to get slightly louder when I tip the bike to the right? And then quiet down when I tip it to the left? Any advice would be appreciated,thanks so much,rick

Answer
Rick, the video clip link didn't make it through on your question. I see that the clutch is on the right side, so I would probably pull the RH cover and check the clutch and shaft for end play. Check the crankshaft for any side play, as well. Grab the flywheel and see if it moves around side to side or top to bottom.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver