Motorcycle Repair/real pulley

Question
Mike,
I have a 2004 FSTBI. I have plenty of power for my weight and would like to raise the gear ratio. What is the best way to do raise the ratio? I have looked for a smaller rear pulley, I was thinking about 66 in but I can not find anything. I have also thought about changing to a gear drive cam. What are the benefits vs. cost?

Answer
You can add a tooth or two to the front pulley which would do what you wanted.
The benefits to changing to cam driven cams is, first you can install a more performance cam. Second you get rid of the chains and the chain tensioners. the tensioners have to be changed around 25,000 miles if you keep them
Good luck and happy riding
Mike  

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells