Motorcycle Repair/Exhaust headers,ca77

Question
I'm rounding up parts to re-assemble a 1963 CA77 and need a header pipe but do not know which side is missing since the engine is still off the frame.How can I tell left from right or are they the same? Thank you,Ray

Answer
Ray, they are not the same. They are generally marked L and R out on the ends where they enter the muffler, but sometimes I have only seen the L ones marked. They are longer than the ones on a CB77 and slightly different bends to fit the chassis/muffler connections. As I recall the left one is longer than the right side. I have a bike out here, waiting for shipment and ballparked the lengths at 26"/24" long left/right.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-ca77-dream-touring-305-usa_model992/partslist/F11.htm

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver