Motorcycle Repair/Exhaust headers,ca77

I'm rounding up parts to re-assemble a 1963 CA77 and need a header pipe but do not know which side is missing since the engine is still off the frame.How can I tell left from right or are they the same? Thank you,Ray

Ray, they are not the same. They are generally marked L and R out on the ends where they enter the muffler, but sometimes I have only seen the L ones marked. They are longer than the ones on a CB77 and slightly different bends to fit the chassis/muffler connections. As I recall the left one is longer than the right side. I have a bike out here, waiting for shipment and ballparked the lengths at 26"/24" long left/right.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.