Motorcycle Repair/OIL LEAK

Question
IM STARTING TO SEE MORE AND MORE OIL THE MORE I RIDE THE LEAK IS UNDER THE STARTING UNITE ON TOP OF 883 ENGINE HOW WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS LEAK ON TOP OF MOTOR?

Answer
Jerimiah, There are oil vapor vents on the top end in the valve covers and pipe the vapors into the back of the filter plate on the carb. If the oil is too thin or the engine has a lot of blow-by the vapor can overcome the filter intake and start dripping down the engine cases. Try something first,use brake clean in the sprat can and clean off the area in question and blow dry. Now try puffing some baby powder on this same area and run the engine and you should see the oil wicking into the powder and help locate the source of the leak.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake