Motorcycle Repair/2nd gear replacement

I have a 1994 Suzuki rf600r I already removed the engine . Can I get to the transmission by taking the oil pan off without having to take the whole engine apart??? Or do I have to take the piston jugs and all apart in order to put a new 2nd gear in????
I really need some help with this .

Hello Tommy,

Unfortunately, you have to take the lower half of the crankcase apart, not just the oil pan.
The good news is that you don't have to take top end apart. Everything else have to go though.
Without a service manual, it's gonna be reeeeally tricky and troublesome...
I would advice you to leave it to a professional.
If you trust your capabilities and want to give it a try though, I can give you detailed step-by-step instructions along with some photos.
You're gonna need special tools to remove clutch hub, lower-end oil seal and gasket set, a high quality liquid gasket and a couple of torque wrenches.

Choose your next step and let me know...

Best Regards,

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.