Motorcycle Repair/78 shovelhead

mike i took the heads in and the machinist wanted to know what he needed to do to them as he couldn't find anything wrong with them so he checked everything and i put them back on the bike compression is 115 front 120 rear good spark gas turned over and fired first time ran 10 seconds and quit unable to get it to start can see gas when i turn the throttle looking down the throat great spark compression it passed the leak down test but i had the heads looked at since everything seems to check out any more ideas this has been going on 2 years and i have checked and rechecked and then rechecked without being able to run this bike i didn't screw with the timing as the bike would start before i took the heads off even then it would only run till it got hot and then quit have no clue what to do as i have followed all of your suggestions so i hope you have some more for me to try thanks i'm writing from work so i had another email address

Since I haven't seen your questions for a while I have to ask a few questions to refresh myself. If you put your hand over the carb and turn the bike over, do you get your hand sucked in and  a  bunch of gas? Are your running points or electronic ignition? Have you OHM tested the coil? After the bike shuts off, are you getting spark? After the bike shuts off, do you have 12 volts at the coil? Are you running solid or hydrolic lifters? After installing them did you adjust them correctly?

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!