Motorcycle Repair/gas leak

I have a 2008 Yamaha v star 1100 classic.Gas is leaking out of air intake side of carb when engine is running. It does not do it when engine is off. It has dual carbs and it is the left side carb.

Hello Billy,

First let me ask you what happened with the binding issue...
Now for your current problem, it's all about float valve.
It's either float tongue bent or something like a debris or dust or other foreign matter
caught between float valve and it's seat, preventing it from sealing.
Overflow occurs only when engine is running, simply because if it's not, fuel supply is cut.
You have to remove float bowl and check, first float height and then float valve/seat.

Best Regards,

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.