Motorcycle Repair/pw50 spitting oil through exhaust...

Question
Hello. Have recently bought my son pw50 wen first starting its kicking out white smoke had a look for oil leaks ect. Have found shes spitting oil through exhaust when revving her up is this just due to high oil to fuel mix or something lyk a perishd seal or are am i going to have to replace pistons. Thanks rossco.

Answer
Hello Rossco,

What's important for me to know, in order to troubleshoot accurately, is if you bought it new
or used.
If it's used, first thing is, if it holds idle. If it does, it's most unlikely to have seal or
piston/rings problem. If it doesn't, first check transmission oil for gasoline odor. If it smells gasoline, there is probably a crankshaft seal problem.
Next check starter (choke) cable. It may stick and hold choke open.
Then check the part of throttle cable that goes to the oil pump. Same here, it may stick.
Open the cover, actuate throttle and check oil pump for smooth operation.

Check all of the above and get back to me if nothing works. We'll figure it out...

Best Regards to you and your son!
Lazaros.  

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis