Motorcycle Repair/Tires for CA160

I am in need of tires for my running CA160 as the tires on it are literally shredded. What is the correct size for this model?  

also would Dream 3.25x16's fit?

I also have a new pair of 100/90-16 in my garage would they fit the CA160 or a Dream 305?  they look a little wide.

Thanks in advance! ;-)

John,  Benly/CA160s came with rim widths that carry 3.00x16 tires. I have seen people spoon on Dream-sized tires (3.25x16), but they bulge out along the sidewalls and could contribute to either worsening handling or potential tire rubbing inside the fenders under full suspension compression situations.

100/90 tires are basically 3.25x16 sized, suitable for a 250-305cc Dream.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.