Motorcycle Repair/69 CT90K1 carb

Question
69 Honda CT90K1 early carb
69 Honda CT90K1 early  

69 Honda CT90K1 early carb
69 Honda CT90K1 early  
1969 CT90K1 early carburetor 4-screw bowl and thin o-ring bowl gasket that installs in a groove:

Got what appears to be a good rebuild kit Keyster KH-0203N

Got it apart and soaked in acetone for days.

Float pivot pin solidly stuck, have hit lightly, tried to twist. Any suggestion? Dare I heat the two "stanchions" holding its ends?

Main jet: the apx 1/4" x 1 1/2" machined brass tubular part under the main jet screw, how does it come out? Have pushed and hit lightly, no movement.

Answer
Dave, first of all your K1 carb should be setup with a 23.5mm float level and a #78 main jet. Keyster kits are often incorrectly calibrated, but it looks like this one is okay.

Soak the float pin in penetrating oil/carb cleaner. I use a duckbill pliers to help nudge them out of place by pushing on the end of the pin with one side of the pliers and securing the other side against the float pin stanchion. Drill a pin sized hole in the edge of a piece of wood and use the wood to support the stanchion while driving the pin down into the hole as a last resort. You could use localized heat, perhaps from a high powered soldering iron to work loose remaining varnish/corrosion. Some phosphoric acid applied with a Q-tip might help, too.

The main jet emulsion tube can be pushed out from the top using a hard wooden chop stick in most cases.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver