Motorcycle Repair/fuel pump isnt turning on

Question
Hey sir, i have a 87 535 virago that i have been restoring.  I have just put a new fuel pump in my bike and a new wiring harness.  My fuel pump isnt turning on now, im sure its not a hard fix but im stumped and could use some help.

Answer
Adam I am not Positive, but I think your Fuel Pump runs off of
Vacuum. If it is the Stop Sign shaped Pump it should have 3 hose ports
and No wires going to it. It works off vacuum from the cylinders.
If it does have wires going to it.
I just researched and see that the 87 model does have a fuel compressor.
The pump should come on when the ignition is turned on.
Check your wiring for power, trace the wiring back to see where the power comes from.
Check the fuses. Email me at drvirago777@gmail.com   and I will send you
a complete Yamaha Parts Manual for the 1987 XV535. This will help you.
It does have a Electrical Schematic showing all the wiring...

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack