Motorcycle Repair/Years?

Question
Hello Bill,  I just picked up a CL77 & CB77 rolling frames and would like to know what years they are.  CB77-1028489 & CL77-1022617  Thanks for your help.

Answer
John, Honda began using the 7 digit serial numbers in the 1965 production run. The CB is most likely a late 1965 or early 1966 model. The CL77 was probably built around the same time frame. Honda didn't make year/model distinctions during those three years of 1965-67, so you have to divide the total production numbers up, roughly by one third. They did about 54,000 CBs and 68,000 CLs during those years.

I have Restoration Guide packages for all three 250-305 series machines that will completely educate you on the major and minor changes made throughout their production runs.

Bill Silver

www.vintagehonda.com  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver