Motorcycle Repair/Honda ca95 oil flow, dowel location-

Question
Hi Bill,
Rebuilding a Honda ca95 engine 196_? and not sure if i need to install a dowel (knock pin) on the upper main case to cylinder base on the right hand aft side where the oil travels up the stud. there is a groove in the upper case which travels inboard to a drilled hole but i am not sure where it terminates and if the dowel is installed no oil will be able to flow into the groove…. i am worried that with out the dowel the top end will not be lubricated due to no pressure build up. Neither parts or service manuals or searches have turned up any information. thanks in advance for your time and help, Happy Holidays,
joe
ama,vjmc and amca member

Answer
CA95 engine views
CA95 engine views  
Joe, Normally the knock pins are used to index the cylinders to the crankcase and the head to the cylinders. In the case of the Benly twins, the two studs on the left end of the crankcase do that task, so there is no need for a knock pin on the case where the oil feeds through to the top end.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver