Motorcycle Repair/purchase advice

Question
I'm looking at a 2008 Vulcan 900 or a 2009 Yamaha Silverado 1100. Don't know where else to look for review of a bike. Does either bike any particular problems, quirks, etc. The dealership in Denver, CO. is an up and coming and seems to have good reviews and turns over a lot of bikes. Any info would be appreciated. Bikes can be seen at Motorado.com.

Answer
Hello Jim,

Just informed by the system that my reply was never published.
Very sorry about that. Anyway...

First I will answer as a mechanic.

Neither one has any serious issues that I'm aware off.
Your choice should be based on price, spare parts availability, and after-sales service, depending on the area you live.
If I was to choose, though, I'd go for the liquid cooled, Fuel Injected Kawasaki.
Increased reliability and won't burn your legs in the traffic as bad as the Yamaha.
All other differences are a matter of rider character and needs.

Now let me express my rider's point of view...

You should choose as if it was your girlfriend-to-be...!!!
Do you want a housewife or a soul-mate and partner in fun and adventure?
If you see it as a plain transportation vehicle... DON'T!

First the looks. "She" must catch your eye. You must feel unable to take your eyes off "Her".
Even when you don't have anywhere to go, anything to do, just looking at her must make you wanna go for a ride...
If it's love at first sight, when it comes to pay for her, then it won't be: "The bitch wants money again" but "Look honey I bought you new underwear/perfume/shoes/clothes".
"Let me take you to the doctor, you sound sick"...

On top of that, your actual girlfriend/wife won't be jealous as long as you make it three-way from time to time...

But... that's just me...
After 35 years and one million kilometers on two wheels...

Choose your criteria and go for it.

Best Regards,
Lazaros.  

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis