Motorcycle Repair/motorcycle

i have a honda cbr f4i 1000 and whenever i shift to 2nd and hit it,it fall back and neutral,but if i ease and 2nd it will go,but when i shift to 3rd and hit it fall back to neutral too but if i ease into 3rd it will go. I need to know why it's falling back and neutral when i shft to 2nd and 3rd gear that's the only to gears it's doin it and

First of all this is not a question about a Honda CBX, so not my area of expertise.  However I am familiar with this type of problem.  It sounds like a selector fork in your transmission is either worn or bent.  This is an expensive problem to fix, since it will require engine stripdown.  Treat the bike gently and change the oil, see if you can find any metallic powder in the old oil when you change it; there is no magic easy solution, sorry.

Good luck,  Jan

Motorcycle Repair

Jan Ringnalda

PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE READ THIS!!! I can help with questions ONLY on any Honda CBX-1000 motorcycle, only 1978 to 1982. OR 1981 to 1983 Honda CB1100R models ONLY Honda CBX/CB1100R motorcycles, Please NO other makes, no other models. IF YOUR QUESTION IS FOR ANY OTHER BIKE Your question MAY BE FORWARDED TO THE QUESTION POOL WHERE IT MAY NEVER BE ANSWERED. IF I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, and you feel the need to give me marks lower than 10, first post a follow up question. If you mark me lower, I will respond and you run the risk I will never, ever, answer one of your questions again. I'm doing this free of charge, as a service to fellow motorcyclists. If you do not value my time, I do...

Have owned over 50 of these fine classic Honda motorcycles

International CBX Owners Association, SAE, Materials Research Society

CBXPress, VLMC magazine, Used Bike Guide

PhD in Materials Science, Post-Doc in prototyping automotive components