Motorcycle Repair/CB77 torque settings

Question
Bill,
I am joining the upper and lower crankcase together after solving a transmission problem thanks to your help. I can not find the proper torque settings for the 10mm bolts and the 14mm nut that hold the cases together. What torque settings should I use?
Again and again, thank you.
Bill

Answer
Bill, there are no magic torque settings on Honda motorcycle parts. Looking up various sites which provide torque settings for metric fasteners will guide you to the right specifications, without having to consult a Honda shop manual.

The big 14mm head capnuts and nuts on the bottom case use 15 ft.lbs (same as on the cylinder head cover nuts). The 10mm head bolts and nuts can do with about 5 ft-lbs. I just hand-tighten them to where I can feel that the threads are locking down sufficiently and they have never fallen off to date.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver