Motorcycle Repair/CB77 torque settings

I am joining the upper and lower crankcase together after solving a transmission problem thanks to your help. I can not find the proper torque settings for the 10mm bolts and the 14mm nut that hold the cases together. What torque settings should I use?
Again and again, thank you.

Bill, there are no magic torque settings on Honda motorcycle parts. Looking up various sites which provide torque settings for metric fasteners will guide you to the right specifications, without having to consult a Honda shop manual.

The big 14mm head capnuts and nuts on the bottom case use 15 ft.lbs (same as on the cylinder head cover nuts). The 10mm head bolts and nuts can do with about 5 ft-lbs. I just hand-tighten them to where I can feel that the threads are locking down sufficiently and they have never fallen off to date.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.